|Mission: "To protect and conserve coral reefs by establishing and implementing environmentally friendly guidelines to promote a sustainable diving tourism industry."
As a Green Fins Member You Are Expected To:
1. Adopt the Green Fins mission statement.
2. Display adopted Green Fins agreement for the public to see.
3. Adhere to the “Green Fins” Friendly Diving and Snorkeling Guidelines and act as a responsible role model for guests.
4. Participate in regular underwater cleanups at dive operator selected sites.
5. Participate in the development and implementation of a mooring buoy program, and actively use moorings, drift or hand place anchors for boats.
6. Prohibit the sale of corals and other marine life at the dive shop.
7. Participate in regular coral reef monitoring, and report monitoring data to the regional coral reef database.
8. Provide adequate waste management on board vessel and handle responsibly.
9. Operate under a "minimum discharge" policy.
10. Abide by all local, regional, national, and international environmental laws, regulations and customs.
11. Provide guests with an explanation of Green Fins "Friendly Diving and Snorkeling Guidelines" in pre-briefings.
12. Provide training, briefing or literature for employees and guests on good environmental practices for snorkeling, diving, boating, marine wildlife interaction, and other marine recreational activities.
13. Provide staff and guests with public awareness and environmental materials (books, pamphlets, fish ID books, etc.).
14. Provide guests with information on local marine protected areas, environmental rules and regulations.
15. Promote strict "NO TOUCH" policy for all reef diving and snorkeling.